Before we go through how to select the right turntable, let’s first understand what a turntable really is? So, what exactly is a turntable? It is a revolving circular plate that supports a record as it is played. So, what are the parts?
Well, there’s the needle, the record plate, the tonearm, stylus and so on. You can find a number of quality turntables such as Pro Ject Essential 2 in the online marketplace.
Automatic or Manual
- Automatic turntables lift the tonearm, shifts it towards the record the places itself over the record for you. This means that there’s a possibility for a malfunction.
- In manual turntables, you’ll need to lift the tonearm and put it over the record plate yourself.
The recording plate and the Stylus
- The recording plate is a big round plate where the Vinyl record is placed to record or to play music.
- And the stylus is the triangular contraption that touches the vinyl record and is often called “the needle”.
Stereos and Accessories
- A basic turntable will be paired with a cheap, built-in speaker and that’s it.
- An expensive turntable will include a Stereo speaker and other accessories.
- Basic turntable starts from $200.
- An extravagant turntable may cost you from $500 to thousands of dollars, but it will be something great to look at.
For More Information About the Pro Ject Essential 2, Please Check musicguidezone.com